Get your FREE DOWNLOAD
8 WAYS to DISPEL ANNOYING, REPETITIVE THOUGHTS
1. WELCOME annoying thoughts: coz pushing them away makes them stronger.
2. Use a buffer phrase like HELLO MIND, coz trying to shoosh the yada makes it louder.
3. It’s not your fault that evolution has hard-wired you with an over-the-top threat sensitivity.
4. Treat yourself kindly coz beating yourself up when life stuffs up intensifies the stress response.
5. Please don’t believe that you are your thoughts, coz you’re not.
6. It helps to GROUND the flighty mind in the body and the breath when it wants to drag you about all over the place.
7. THE SENSES are helpful magnets to pull us into real-time. Out of stuck-in-the-head and into the here-and-now.
8. Savour the small stuff to counteract the brain’s whiney whingey wimpy negativity bias.
And there’s a bonus tip at the end. Download the checklist to find out what it is!
* illustrations by Linzie Hunter